PDF2XL Version history
Version 6.5.4 (current) Released on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 08:06:57
- Fixed issue with other UI languages not loading occasionally.
- Changed default Open Folder to My Documents.
- Fixed Batch conversion “Out of bounds” error.
- Fixed in-app Chat module.
- Added support to capture Font Weight when converting to Excel.
- Increased Macro field size to support very large macros.
- Added ability to abort Batch conversions.
- Uninstall now automatically deactivates license so you can install on a new machine!
- Replace List feature now works on non-scanned documents as well.
- Fixed crash on unspecified fonts in PDF files.
- House keeping on memory leaks and consumption on very large files which improved crashes dramatically.
- Fixed crash on Hebrew text.
Version 6.5.0 Released on Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:56:27
- Updated PDF loading and rendering mechanism – faster scrolling on long documents and more stable loading of foreign language documents
- Added Support tab to application with links to important areas
- Added in-app Chat
- Save Excel Macros with layout files
- Compatibility Fixes for Windows 10 and Office 365
- Updated Dutch translation.
- Added column and row count to ribbon.
- Automatically remove spaces when Column Format is Number or Currency.
- Allow to reorder columns for fields and tables when merged.
- Added ability to remove extra lines between Tables in Excel.
Version 6.0.2 Released on Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:23:07
- Updated PDF loading and rendering mechanism – 30% faster loading
- Improved automatic layout recognition features
- Compatiblity Fixes for Windows 8, 8.1 and Office 2013 and 365
Version 6.0 Released on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:07:47
- Improved performance – 30% faster conversion
- New PDF formatting mechanism, for improved conversion accuracy
Version 5.2 Released on Mon, 07 Oct 2013 04:36:39
- Bug fixes from the previous major release (PDF2XL 5.0)
Version 5.0 Released on Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:01:27
- Brand new user interface – easily access all PDF2XL features from a state-of-the-art UI
- Flexible layout assignment – different pages in the same document can have a different table layouts, enabling the conversion of complex documents. Define recurring layouts for quick conversion of long documents with recurring table structures
- Document Pages Panel – navigate your PDF document through the new pages panel
- Updated and improved Help
Version 4.14 Released on Mon, 14 Nov 2011 01:00:19
This new release of PDF2XL features changes and improvements sent to us by you our beloved users! Besides small tweaks and squeaks, here are some of the new changes:
- Search text in single and multi-layout modes
- Automatic recognition of marked elements – table or field – now you don’t have to figure out what mode you should use!
- User-defined colors for table and field elements – for those complex layouts
- Smaller installation
- We’ve added French, German and Dutch language support (in addition to Portuguese, Spanish and Italian – and English – which were already available in previous versions)
Version 4.12 Released on Mon, 10 Oct 2011 01:00:37
- New conversion formats!!!
- Convert to HTML
- Convert to Word 2007 (.docx)
- Convert to PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx)
- Better headers detection capabilities
- Intuitive and visible tables and fields selection
- Option to use the PDF file details such as File Name, Creation Time, and Modification Time as output built-in fields
- Installer and application now available in Portuguese, Spanish and Italian as well as English
Version 4.10 Released on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 01:00:52
- Added the ability to convert PDF tables to an existing Excel file.
- Added the ability to convert long PDF tables to the same spreadsheet by breaking the table to multiple sheets.
Version 4.8 Released on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 01:00:57
This new release from Cogniview upgrades various internal components of PDF2XL:
- Revamped the layout display and editing
- Simplified the layout creation process
- Images are now considered a conversion format rather then a special field option. This means that you can convert table columns as images, which is useful (for example) in catalog table conversion
- Fixed support for PDF files that could not be opened before
Finally, you can now add a post-conversion Excel Macro to the conversion layout. PDF2XL will run it after the conversion; it’s very useful for extra manipulation after the main conversion work is done
Version 4.6 Released on Sun, 17 May 2009 01:00:23
This version includes some major improvements for our PDF to Excel converter.
For starters, it now supports conversion into OpenOffice! PDF2XL can now convert directly to .ODS files so that you can load them in OpenOffice Calc, or your other favourite office suite.
Also, PDF2XL can now keep the indentation of text in columns, as well as text-wrapping inside table cells, so you have the option to keep the original text flow in addition to the original formatting.
Here is the snippet of change-log from our developers:
- Added PDF conversion to OpenDocument Spreadsheet
- Added an option to combine cells automatically
- Added an option to keep text indentation and/or wrapping
- Added fields output editing (reordering, hiding fields, dragging fields into tables)
- Added support for non standard operating system fonts
- Fully updated and tested for Windows 7
- Fully tested for Office 2010
Version 4.4 Released on Tue, 30 Dec 2008 01:00:40
- Advanced Row and Cell editing – Removed the selection mode (Column, Row, Cell) and added a simple and easy user interface, that allows more flexibility in selecting the data for manipulation (very similar to the Excel data selection interface)
- Added the option to convert Image as a field
- Added the option to Edit the output (allows reorder and toggle of tables and columns)
- Increased maximum number of tables per page to 63
- Now allows opening a layout file from the open file menu
- Added option to show formatting (font size and color) in preview
- Added superscript support
Version 4.2 Released on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:00:20
- Added header auto detection capability
- Added conversion to PowerPoint
- Added optional finding of table according to header location
- Added option to associate field with a specific table
- Added optional automatic calculation of table height
- Added option to convert to the old Excel format when Excel 2007 is installed
Version 4.0 Released on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:00:56
- Added automatic table detection
- Added copy and paste table option
- Added convert table option
- Combine two different tables on same page
- Added an option to transpose table (columns and rows)
- Added keep leading zeros option
- Added same rows height option
- Added Hide empty line option
- Added terminal server support
- Added keyboard navigation (up/ down/ page up/ page down)
- Added Previous and next table buttons
Version 3.6 Released on Wed, 08 Aug 2007 01:00:12
- Added multiple table option
- Added naming a table option
- Added option to convert to multiple sheets
- Improved conversion speed
Version 3.4 Released on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:00:35
- Added Vista support
- Added “Split here” option
- Added upgrade option
Version 3.2 Released on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:00:53
- Moved the OCR functionality to a different product
Version 3.0 Released on Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:00:02
- Replaced Simple OCR with IRIS OCR
- Moved Command line interface capability to a different product
Version 2.6 Released on Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:00:09
- Convert to CSV capability
Version 2.4 Released on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:00:07
- Added multi-page OCR support
- Added Copy Layout from Page menu
- Added copy and paste layout
- Added multiple page layout capability
- Added fields support
- Added table deletion
- Added “set header as first line” option
- Added the option to change minus characters from right to left
Version 2.2 Released on Sat, 06 May 2006 01:00:10
- Added page range conversion
- Added column-format context menu on the preview area
- Added convert button as a drop-down menu
Version 2.0 Released on Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:00:27
- Save and load layout
- Added better support for Excel and Word 2000
- Added command line interface
- Added text conversion preview
- Added word and excel merge cells settings
- Added text direction option
Version 1.2 Released on Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:00:11
- Added page navigation bar
- Added support for Windows 98 and Microsoft Unicode Layer
- Better RTL language support
- Added OCR mode
- Added advanced table selection modes: row, column and cell
- Added advanced table editing of merge and split for row, column and cell
- Added column formatting
- Added handles to the table lines
- Added page rotation support
- Added Undo and Redo functionality
- Added Right click context menu
Version 1.0 Released on Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:00:12