How to modify a table's columns
When you mark a table, PDF2XL CLI attempts to automatically detect where the columns are, but sometimes you might want to change what was automatically detected.
Resizing a column
- Place your cursor over the column's left or right border. The cursor should change into a double headed arrow.
- Press the left mouse button, and keep it pressed.
- Drag the cursor left or right while keeping the button pressed to move the border to the right or left.
- When you've moved the border to the right position, release the left mouse button.
Unlike in Excel, moving a column's border in PDF2XL CLI will resize the two columns touching that border. No other part of the table is affected.
Deleting a column
Technically, you cannot delete a column from a table, but you can merge two columns into one bigger column.
- Select the column you want to delete by clicking on it.
- While holding Shift pressed, click on the column you want to merge it with.
- Right click anywhere on these two columns.
- Select Merge from the menu that pops up.
After merging them columns, you can resize the resulting column to fit your needs, as described in the previous section.
Hiding a column
While it isn't possible to delete a column, it is possible to hide one. This means that the column will still exist, and PDF2XL CLI will see the table as it should be, but one or more columns will not appear in the conversion output.
- Enable output order editing mode by clicking the Output Order button on the Convert Ribbon.
- Find the column you want to hide in the Preview pane.
- Uncheck the checkbox in the column's header (see above picture).
- Disable output order editing.
You will now see the Preview pane without the hidden column. If you ever want to make the column visible again, simply repeat the same steps and check the same column's header.
Adding a column
Much like the previous section, you can't actually add a column and instead have to split an existing column into two smaller columns.
- Select the column you want to split by clicking on it.
- Right click anywhere on the column.
- Select Split from the menu that pops up.
- You can now resize the new smaller columns as described above in the "Resizing a column" section.