PDF2XL CLI allows you to specify a format for each field or table column. This format can be used when converting a document.
The format of a field or column has the following effects on its contents:
- PDF2XL CLI will remove any characters from the field or column that aren't part of the selected format's character set. For example, if a field is set to use a numeric format, PDF2XL CLI will remove all letters from that field in the conversion. The character sets for each format can be edited in the Format section of the options dialog (accessible from the Start menu).
- When converting to Excel, the display format of each cell will be the same as the selected conversion format.
Additional points that might be useful for you to know:
- Text fields/ columns will usually retain their indentation and line wrapping. However, if you're converting into the clipboard or a CSV file, line wrapping will be ignored.
- The Image format is not available for predefined fields.
- The Number format's default setting is to display 4 decimal digits.
- The Currency format's default setting is to display a $ sign before the number and only 2 decimal digits. It will also color negative numbers red.
- The Date format's default setting is to display month/day/year.
- The Time format's default setting is to display hour:minute.